Hours of research
Field tests done
Are you looking for the best angle grinder wheel for cutting metal? There are so many good angle grinder wheels out there, that it can be hard to make the right decision.
What makes the best angle grinder wheel for metal?
When buying an angle grinder wheel for cutting metal you want to keep the following things in mind:
- What the grinding wheel is made of – In general, you want to choose a grinding disc that is made from Aluminium Oxide
- Grain concentration – The higher the grain of a grinding wheel the cleaner the cut. For dense materials like metal and steel, you want to use the highest grain possible.
- Durability – A high-quality grinding disc should not wear very fast.
- Price – Price is the final thing you want to keep in mind when looking for a grinding wheel. They may seem cheap but, in the long run, you can save a good amount of money.
Best angle grinder wheels for metal
These are our favorite angle grinder wheels for metal:
DEWALT General Purpose (DW4523)
- Made of aluminum oxide
- High grain concentration
- Very durable
- Best price/quality
Angle grinder wheels come in a million different grains and sizes. It comes as nobody’s surprise that DEWALT is one of the most popular disk manufacturers. They offer a three-year limited warranty on most of their products. Also, they are proven to be one of the best power tool manufacturers. You really can not go wrong with them!
These grinding wheels are ideal to pair with a DEWALT grinder. Read: The best DEWALT angle grinders to find out which are our favorite DEWALT angle grinders.
This grinding wheel is made of aluminum oxide. A longer-lasting and safer material than some other grinding wheels on this list.
The DEWALT DW4523 all-purpose grinding wheel can be used for all 4 1/2″ inch grinders.
Truswe metal Cut Off Wheel
- Compatible with all 4-1/2 inch angle grinders
- Made of aluminum oxide
- reinforced by double fiberglass mesh
- Great price/quality
Truswe is a less-known brand that specializes itself in grinding disks. For this reason, they produce some of the best quality angle grinding wheels on the market! This grinding wheel in particular is extra thin and super durable. Truswe metal grinding disks are made for 4 1/2 inch angle grinders.
They are made of Aluminum oxide. These fibers stick together making this grinding wheel safer than others on this list. The aluminum oxide will not shatter and will wear less than other materials.
The only thing to keep in mind when buying Truswe grinding wheels is that they come in a pack of 50.
EZARK metal Cut-Off Wheel
- Made of iridium-plated white corundum
- Fast, precise, and clean cutting performance
- Tough abrasive cutting discs
- Decent price/quality
EZARK grinding disks are made of Iridium-plated white corundum. These are in general a bit more durable than standardAluminum oxide disks.
However, the biggest drawback of corundum is that it has a higher risk to shatter. Therefore we recommend extra safety protection when you are using these grinding disks.
Unfortunately these disks also only come in a pack of 25.
Are you looking for an angle grinder that can be used with these wheels? Check out our guide: Best cordless angle grinders